Date:      Thu, 30 May 96 12:04:05 PST
From:      "Brett Glass" <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DBM?

I'm refreshing my knowledge of Perl in preparation for some big CGI
programming jobs. As I've worked my way through the most recent crop of
Perl books, I've seen many references to Perl's ability to treat databases
as associative arrays. The books say that the databases must be created and
managed by a package, library, or program (they're not clear on which)
called DBM.

What is DBM, and is it available for FreeBSD?

--Brett