Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:22:15 +0200 (MEST)
From:      kai.mosebach@gmx.net
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel : exclusive sleep mutex problem

Hi,

i have nearly ported the SapDB (www.sapdb.org), an oracle like open source
database from SAP AG,
to FreeBSD. It is running fine on FreeBSD5.0, but as i updated to
5.1-Release, most of the
binaries got stuck. (Also when i recompile with 5.1 libs).
I soon updated to a kernel from 2003.06.23, to have a more recent one, but
it didnt help.

The kernel dumps an error like this :

Sleeping on "stopevent" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
exclusive sleep mutex sigacts r = 0 (0xc684caa8) locked @
kern/subr_trap.c:250

The SAPDB port can be found ( as a beta preview ) on
http://www.komadev.de/sapdb
It is heavily using linuxthreads, but i dont think it should be a problem in
5.1 ... ?

Note : When i put the 5.0 libraries like libc.so and libm.so in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it seems to run fine, but this is not a real solution for me ...

Thanks for your help.

Kai

--
<-> ... but believe is not to know it, believe is just a fake ... <->