Date:      Sat, 03 Sep 2011 10:39:44 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "at" command and mail

I'm setting up a FreeBSD appliance that won't be running a mail
daemon. I'd like the at(8) command to be there for scheduling of
commands, but do not see any way to prevent it from trying to send
mail after it executes a command. (There's not even a command line
option that says "do not mail," or at least I can't find one.) Am I
missing something, or does at(8) always expect to be able to send
mail? If so, would it be worth implementing an atrun.conf
configuration file that makes it optional and possibly sets other
defaults for at(8)?

--Brett Glass