Date:      Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:13:00 -0400
From:      Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
To:        Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Still getting 'calcru: runtime went backwards'

Martin Nilsson wrote:
> John Baldwin wrote:
>> On Thursday 06 July 2006 22:01, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>>> I'm getting a ton of them now, and i found a way to reproduce them.
>>> Basically i run a compile session in one terminal, say make
>>> buildkernel, and run top in another. As soon as i run top, the
>>> messages appear, and they seem to be synchronized with the refresh
>>> rate of top, 2 messages per refresh. This is on a 6.1-STABLE as of
>>> today.
>
> My PDSMi board is rev 1.01 and BIOS is latest 1.1a I'm using a Pentium
> D 930 CPU.

That is identical to my system, same goes for the strange swi4 and
yarrow calcru messages. So this problem looks to be directly related to
this hardware and bios revision.  My older board (i suspect the bios is
1.1, without the a), which is running in amd64 mode and a 2.8GHz cpu
does not exhibit this problem.