Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:32:35 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPW3945 in 6.2

Tom Grove wrote:
> What are the chances that IPW3945 will work in 6.2?  Has anyone
> accomplished this?  Also, is it likely that the wpi drivers will be
> ready for 7.0?
>
> -Tom

I have actually succeeded in making my 3945 work in 6.2 Release, but I
used the January 2007 version of the wpi driver

http://www.clearchain.com/~benjsc/download/20070125-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz

This only works on the release version and it breaks if you perform a
freebsd-update and recompile your kernel.
I have only tested basic features (i.e. no encryption of any kind) but
it worked ok.
>From what I've read the driver is in heavy development and will probably
go open for beta testing soon. I believe there will be a working
solution either included in 7, or something you can download and compile
yourself. Read more details here:

http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi