Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:36:25 +1300
From:      "Richard Shea" <rshea@thecubagroup.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [far OT] : temp/humidity limits for 'standard' intel based PC's

Hi - I want to install a home network. I'm thinking of putting a freebsd
machine in the basement to do firewall/natd.

My question is : is there some sort of industry standard for atmospheric
conditions to which all motherboards,powersupplies,nics,diskdrives etc,etc will
comply ? I'm not so worried about temperature (where I live it would never drop
below -5 centigrade (~28 farenheit)) but we do get a fair bit of condensation
on warm surfaces in winter.

Anyone got any experience of this ?

regards

richard shea