Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 1996 13:54:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        kallio@beeblebrox.pccc.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, ahill@interconnect.com.au, pbanks@candle.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Run BSD under DOS

> I know :-) it is after this paragraph.
> Terry, I am 100% sure you do not want I try it after rereading it.
> It is some time I read it first time and understood very little and ...
> some base level questions: how to define root partition, swap, /etc, must
> I have FreeBSD partition ... OK maybe the idea of this is to boot FreeBSD
> from dos and have a FreeBSD partition ready to mount? Yes so it must be.
> I tryet to use it as netboot having NFS root etc.

Yes.  You must have a partition set up.  The difference is that instead
of using a boot manager, you boot to DOS and run the program to "reboot"
from a running DOS into FreeBSD.

> Everything is so opvious to you experts that you do not see how little
> you tell what is the purpose of your tools.

That one isn't my tool, actually.  For the tools that I did, I provided
sample usage and sample code (ie: I made one of each allowable type of
LKM when I wrote the LKM system, and supplied a large rationale document,
on the order of a Usenix paper's worth of information).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.