Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 1997 13:18:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot from floppy only

I've found alot of messages about this in the archives, but I'm still rather
clueless on this...
I have a network machine that runs win95 during business hours and I want to
run FreeBSD on it. I do not want FreeBSD to be visible to the normal user, so I
want to make it bootable by floppy only. If I use disklabel to make a bootable
floppy I gather from what I read that I can tell the boot to look for the
kernel on the FreeBSD partition, which is a IDE harddrive that has been split
using fips. Would the proper syntax be  boot: wd(0,a)/kernel
Would another (thew proper?) option be to put the kernel on the floppy and then
to mount the FreeBSD partition?
Thanks,
Dave