Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:45:01 -0600
From:      "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@coserve.org>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   xdm returns to xdm after login

Hello,

My xdm returns to xdm after I log on, username and password are correct.
I have .xsession in my home directory starting a windowsmanager (tried `exec
startkde` and `startkde` without quotes ofcourse)
.xsession is executable. I can run startx successfully.
Running FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE  with XFree86 Version 3.3.5
What could be the problem?
Also, what is a good source for finding solutions to these small problems,
only few are mentioned at the FreeBSD FAQ webpage.
Thanks,

 _Alain

Alain G. Fabry
Sr. LAN Administrator