Date:      Fri, 20 May 2005 12:15:52 +1000
From:      Peter Hoskin <peterh@criten.org>
To:        Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where to sing up to a spam list?

Marcin Jessa wrote:

>Even though my anti-spam email gateways drop tons of spam everyday, some of it still gets through.
>I want to test my new anti-spam filters and therefore sign in/publish an email account to a spammer database.
>Any idea where I can do that ?

Spamcop.net is a great place for reporting spam. All the users of MX
have been informed to submit any spam getting through the filters to
Spamcop. I use SpamAssassin to block email, which also checks Spamcops
database. However its not a wise idea to send all the spam from that
account to someone like Spamcop, if you get something legitimate?

On the testing though, signup for some spam lists such as lolfun.com and
optinbig.com

--