Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:46:23 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        thomas.graichen@innominate.de
Cc:        Takefumi SAYO <stake@niagara.shiojiri.ne.jp>, tech@ioiscsi.com, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Initio INIC-941 PCI SCSI driver for FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 08:49:48 +0200, Thomas Graichen wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Takefumi SAYO wrote:
> > and
> >
> > (cd0:iha0:0:6:0): got CAM status 0xb
> > (cd0:iha0:0:6:0): fatal error, failed to attach to device
> > (cd0:iha0:0:6:0): lost device
> > (cd0:iha0:0:6:0): removing device entry
> >
> > if no media presents in the removable device.
> >
> > Could you fix this if you have time?  Because I don't know
> > anything about SCSI and CAM. :-(
> >
> i don't know much more either :-) ... but i think you may ask this
> on the scsi list (i'll cc this mail to it too) - maybe someone
> there might help

Status 0xb is a command timeout.  It means the drive didn't respond to the
READ CAPACITY command within 20 seconds.

What kind of CDROM drive are you using?  Does it do the same thing with
other SCSI cards?

Even though the cd(4) driver doesn't attach, the pass(4) driver should
attach if you have it configured.  Type 'camcontrol devlist' to see which
pass(4) driver instance is attached to the drive, then you can do things
like:  (if the drive is attached as 'pass5')

camcontrol inquiry pass5
camcontrol tur pass5 -v

> maybe some more words about the initio driver: i currently have
> absolutely no time to further work on this - so it would be
> really fine if anyone might find the time to get this
> going ... i may test it - i have both conteollers
> here - one a100 and one 9100u ...

Maybe someone will volunteer to work on it.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org