Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 06:32:47 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

> > It would look Really Good on, say, 3.1-RELEASE release notes to say:
> > 	* Full IPv6 implementation in-kernel and libc!
> > Just a thought :)
>
> It would suck, however, if the consensus was that we rushed the
> integration just to get the check-mark item.  The people in the driving
> seat are acutely aware of the pros and cons, and I'm inclined to accept
> their judgement (while also accepting that supportive noise from the
> userbase such as yours is also *extremely* valuable).

Well it is because I don't want it rushed that I'm talking about it now.
It is just after the release with a few months before the next 3.x
release and also we have waited until a few other OS vendors have brought
versions with IPv6 included and others have anounced that their next
version will have it in. That is not rushing, that is running in the
middle of the pack. :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za