Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 1999 10:25:27 PDT
From:      dlombardo@excite.com
To:        marcel@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12918: linux_base build fails on kernels built with COMPAT_LINUX

> Synopsis: linux_base build fails on kernels built with COMPAT_LINUX
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: marcel
> State-Changed-When: Sun Aug 8 04:22:48 PDT 1999
> State-Changed-Why:

> COMPAT_LINUX is deprecated for more than 3 years. Linux emulation is
enabled
> by loading the linux module.

God, why?!?  COMPAT_LINUX works on my latest -current, and I'm not going to
change that.

Like with any other modules, it's really up to the individual to decide
whether he/she wants it compiled in statically, or loaded dynamically -
there's no "official method"!  A lot of things exist in both static and
dynamic versions, and ports shouldn't break because they expect something to
be one way or the other.

Dean