Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2011 17:51:56 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Zantgo <zantgo@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with X

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 13:42:48 -0300, Zantgo wrote:
> The synaptics mouse and the keyboard not found when I
> tap "startx" in my user, this is the mensaje:
>
> xauth: file /home/user/.Xauthority does not exist

That message is _not_ in relation to the problems you're
experiencing.

Depending on how you setup X (full autodetecion, no config
file, HAL and DBOS -or- xorg.conf file with proper settings),
you should make sure everything is in place.

See chapter 6.4 of the FreeBSD Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-config.html

For the Synaptics touchpad:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/SynapticsTouchpad

The (missing) presence of the X authority file has
nothing to do with keyboard or mouse problems.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany