Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 15:14:06 -0600
From:      Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
To:        "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>, pat.groce@state.sd.us, FBSDQ <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: unix is a problem: free bsd doesn't help

"Stephen A. Derdau" wrote:

> One thing I just noticed.  Patseal's page comes up fast
> I went to www.state.sd.us and it takes forever just to load.
> I have a cable access modem also..
> Maybe Patrick may want to give a few pointers on how to design
> a functional website to www.state.sd.us.
> ;-)

No, the reason it is slow is that NT is in use now ...
www.state.sd.us is using:      WebSitePro/2.3.9

                       Mail Server(s) and MTA(s) for Domain state.sd.us

                                        exchange.state.sd.us
                ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service
5.5.2232.9)
                                      espr1exsrv2.state.sd.us
                               espr1exsrv2.state.sd.us did not reply.

(BTW, is that the sys admin on the web page? What is that thing in his
hand? Oh, I see, it's just a fishing pole!)