Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:54:43 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        inspector.us@omicnet.com
Cc:        FBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade; best bet?

On 2002-03-25 11:18, inspector.us@omicnet.com wrote:
> Hello all;
>
> I have read the handbook section on cvsup.  It's a little too much for me.  I
> have installed the portupgrade utility.  I could use a suggestion on how to
> [best] upgrade my ports collection, as I need XFree86-4.2.0.

Portupgrade and CVSup are two tools that do entirely different things.
You can use CVSup to keep your /usr/ports tree up to date and in sync with
the latest version of the ports tree available online.  Then you can use
the ports tree and portupgrade to install/uninstall programs.  Be careful
not to confuse these two entirely different tasks...

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/