Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 16:28:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unreasonable rebuild time on large password files

J Wunsch wrote:

> As Brian Tao wrote:
>
> >     Ah, geez, that's right... I even remember pestering him about it a
> > long time ago.  :)  So the patches have been integrated?  I didn't see
> > any mention of them in the man pages, so I presumed it was still
> > necessary to patch it separately.  How do you enable the feature?
>
> Guido doesn't seem to be very well in writing man pages. :-|  The -u
> option to pwd_mkdb(8) ain't mentioned at all, although it's being
> used _by default_ if only a single user's entry is updated (passwd(1),
> or chpass(1), as opposed to vipw(8)).

What?  Someone added an option to a command and didn't document it?
Consider this a first warning from the man page police :-).
The next violation may require community service in the form if me
banging on your door until you cough up the appropriate diff :-).

At least it wasn't the more serious crime of adding a new command
without a man page.  For that one I may forward your e-mail address
to all of the stupid junk e-mail soliciters who seem to have recently
found my address :-).
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org