Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 1996 19:52:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter deFriesse <peter@oitunix.oit.umass.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS mount < FreeBSD > PC w/ Sun PCNFS

Hello,

  I am attempting to mount filesystems from FreeBSD on a PC running
Sun's PCNFS client.

  Mount is possible if I do a "NET NAME USERNAME *" (where USERNAME
is a valid username on the FreeBSD host) and enter the password when
prompted.  However, if I allow the PC to default to "nobody" the
mount fails.

  I have searched the FAQ, but no mention is made of this particular
setup.  I've also searched to no avail for the file mentioned in the
/etc/sysconfig file:

BEGIN QUOTE:
# Set to YES if you run PC-NFSD (see /usr/ports/net/pcnfsd) for
# sharing filesystems with DOS/Windows PCs.
pcnfsd=NO
END QUOTE:

  A search of this web page yielded null results also, but I am no
expert on building search strings so I may well have missed the
obvious.

  I would be most grateful if someone would point me to the right
document...

--
  peter defriesse \\ computing facilities management \\ OIT \\ UMass
       [OIT doesn't opine for me.  I return that courtesy..]

  Sysadmins don't go to hell; we're already doing our time in purgatory.