Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:44:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which X-window to choose?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, R Joseph Wright wrote:

>> and toys.  Go to www.themes.org, and DL themes till your heart's
>> content!  They work well, and i have found all my favorites there,
>> including the Gotham theme for KDE that also is available for WM.
>
>I went there and they have an amazing number of themes for any window
>manager.  Now I have another problem.  My kde doesn't seem to have a
>theme manager!  In fact, when I went to the kde control center, it
>opened up the window, but inside it was empty.  I also went to the main
>menu, settings, desktop, but no themes.  Kdebase is supposed to contain
>the theme manager.  What's going wrong here?

Just to be sure, do you have KDE 1.2 or so?  I know 1.1 theme support
was almost useless.  That's the default that came with my 3.2 CD.  But
the newest version (1.2?) has integrated theme support.  I guess
mandrake just forced 1.1 to work well with themes.

"Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell, and i didn't care
which...."