Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:49:22 -0500
From:      "Tim Stinnett" <trinity@ioa.com>
To:        "Mark Ovens" <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: chat

>It would help if you include your /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file with your
>message
A copy of the ppp.conf file is included below.  To recap the problem I am
having:  All attempts at connecting using ppp result in "Warning: Chat
script failed".  I can start ppp and dial into my ISP using the term command
and it appears I go into packet mode.  I can run a background command and
ping my ISP and get results back(At least that happened once.  I tried it
again last night and it didn't work).  If I try  ppp -auto provider nothing
happens.  No dialing of the modem, etc..  But I will get the same message.
"Warning: Chat script failed".

Tim
Here is a copy of my ppp.conf file located at /etc/ppp

default:
   set device /dev/cuaa4
   set speed 115200
   set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0
 OK-AT-OK\\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
provider:
   set login "TIMEOUT 10 \"\" \"\" gin:--gin: myname word: myword"
   set timeout 300
   set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
   add default HISADDR
   enable DNS