Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 22:00:31 -0500
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: About to take the plunge with a Asus a&v133 - any issues? - jrt

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 10:27:09AM -0700, Marc W wrote:
>     I replied to John privately on this a while back, but I actually
> went and ditched my A7V because it, too, was having tonnes of problems.
>
>     It is worth noting that I, in fact, did get FreeBSD 4.2 running on
> it, and ran that way for a few months, but not without constant
> troubles with the motherboard, etc...

Just out of curiosity, since I have also looked at these boards. I
understand that there where problems with the VIA chipsets i these
motherboards. Those problems should have been fixed by a BIOS
update. Did anyone try the BIOS update, and did it in fact improve
system stability on this hardware?
--
Victor R. Cardona
vcardona@home.com

                "Behold the keyboard of Kahless, the greatest Klingon
                  code warrior that ever lived!"