Date:      Sat, 08 Jun 2002 18:06:47 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@pt-quorum.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openoffice stack and datasize kernel problems

Nuno Teixeira wrote:

>     Hello to all,
>
>     I'm about to build and install openoffice port and I build a new kernel
>     with the options bellow to be able to run openoffice:
>
>         options    MAXDSIZ=\"\(1024*1024*1024\)\"
>         options    MAXSSIZ=\"\(256*1024*1024\)\"

Sure that you need a maximum of 1GB for the data segment and a maximum of
256MB for the stack segment on a computer with 64MB RAM?

What's with the default sizes?

>     When I boot the system hangs and gives the error:
>
>         init in malloc(): error: mmap(2) failed, check limits
>         init in malloc(): warning: recursive call

Kernel error or an daemon? Can you sent your kernel configuration file, your
/etc/make.conf and your dmesg-output?

>     My computer is a Celeron 266 with 64 MB RAM.
>
>     Should I need to add more RAM or what is wrong?

Could never be wrong.

>     Thanks very much,
>
>                 Nuno Teixeira
>

> --
>
> /*
> PGP fingerprint:
> C6D1 06ED EB54 A99C 6B14  6732 0A5D 810D 727D F6C6
> */

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/