Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 2021 00:32:26 -0400
From:      Paul Procacci <pprocacci@gmail.com>
To:        Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lang/php72 needed

Having lots of php72 is no problem if you `find | xargs`.
I tried this and didn't _really_ run into any problems.
I didn't try any of the extensions however.

This is what I did:
# svn co -r r559730  https://svn.freebsd.org/port/head /tmp/ports
# cd /tmp/ports
# find . -iname "php72*" -type d -print0 | xargs -0 -I% cp -R % /usr/ports/%
# cd /usr/ports/lang/php72
# make install

There were some errors, but they were easily cleaned up by installing the
missing pieces via pkg.  Just to name one:
# pkg install p5-Locale-gettext

After the errors were cleaned up, I `make clean install` and viola:

# php -v
PHP 7.2.34 (cli) (built: Jun  7 2021 00:30:54) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

# uname -a
FreeBSD nas.myhome 12.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p4 r369444 GENERIC
 amd64

Extensions would be similar, but I didn't try any.

~Paul

--