Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:26:36 -0500
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   simple mixing of sound channel?

Once I have realplayer (or anything else ) going, the next device (such
as vmware, or a beep from exmh) can't use it.

Is there a simple and automatic way to have everything mix?  I vaguely
recall something from years ago, and thought I had it on freebsd and
not just linux.

I'm not worried about manually setting levels, or anything like that.
If it sounds lousy when two things play at once, that's life.  I'd just
like to avoid the hassles of figuring out what thinks its still talking
to the audio.

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail