Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:46:51 +0530
From:      Amit Joshi <amitjoshi86@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to choose an UPS?

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 13:14, a@zeos.net wrote:
> I am going to buy an UPS.
> What should I know and take into account to choose a proper one?
>
> Elisej Babenko

You may want to buy what fits your budget and still be good on features.
I would generally recommend on buying an APC UPS. It has good life and pretty
good features too. They came in various models, you may want to check out
their website.

http://www.apc.com

Usually, if you are willing to interface the UPS with your Computer, like it
should automatically shutdown the computer when there's a power failure, then
you may want to buy one with USB support. But I am not sure that you can
interface it with FreeBSD. It can be done with Linux and Windows. :)
--
Regards,
Amit.