Date:      Sun, 12 May 2019 18:09:40 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Core Team Response to Controversial Social Media Posts

v@researchbsd.org wrote:
> On Sun, May 12, 2019, at 7:50 PM, Sulev-Madis Silber wrote:
> > On Friday, May 10, 2019, FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <
> > core-secretary@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > The FreeBSD Core Team is aware of recent controversial statements made
> > > on social media by a FreeBSD developer.  We, along with the Code of
> > > Conduct review committee, are investigating the matter and will decide
> > > what action to take.  Both the Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation
> > > would like to make it clear that views shared by individuals represent
> > > neither the Project nor the Foundation.
> > >
> > > --
> > > FreeBSD Core Team
> > >

> > is this a political party?! i thought it was developer team of certain
> > specific area server operating system?
> >
> > first, i would like to know if this is a joke? because it must be! then, if
> > it's not, what has said and by who?
>

> FreeBSD Core Team and the FreeBSD Foundation can claim injury to reputation. We are waiting to see if they claim injury.
>
> “Tort: a wrongful act, other than breach of contract, that results in injury to another party’s person, property, dignity, or reputation, and which is recognized by statue or common law as a legitimate basis for liability.” (2014, July 30). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6smN3lcnY
>
> Vester

Not cc'd v@researchbsd.org

whois researchbsd.org : Creation Date: 2018-11-04T10:38:50.00Z

Core is not a legal entity, just a mail list, can't sue.

Foundation is in USA.  Accused is not.  USA law & morals not pre-emptive.
Other countries have laws, courts & morals. Leave it to them & non tech lists.

Orange haired person wrote lots of good code, an asset not to loose.

Let's have current@ writeable only by subscribers as a mild troll deterent.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich Aachen Kent
 http://stolenvotes.uk  Brexit ref. stole votes from 700,000 Brits in EU.