Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2006 22:02:45 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@sage.thought.org>
To:        "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Subject:   Re: time to come clean... .

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 10:39:40PM -0600, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2006, at 10:35 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
>

> >	Folks,
> >	How can I automate the backup via rsync to other servers?
>
> I believe the default for rsync is to use ssh as a transport.  That
> is how I am using it with ssh certificates.  Read up on rsync and if
> you want to create some cron jobs that would be an easy automation.

yeah, the default IS ssh, rsh-no-mo.  what i want is to cron stuff
exactly like Mathews's ideas.   then at least, i'll have VERY recent
synchronization ....  iow:help me get this right; please.

i have spent hours reading about rsync.  my printserver (tao) is busted;
the man pages are horrible, &c.

gary