Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:37:28 -0400
From:      Michael Powell <nightrecon@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lighten kernel

xyz wrote:

> Thank you for your answer.
> But how I can only choose the intel agp driver, without all others by
> puting "agp" in the kernel configuration file?

Please don't top post - it is bad form.

I think you may be confusing "agp" driver and video driver. The agp support
in the kernel is for the agp slot on the motherboard chipset. If your
motherboard uses an agp slot this is where an agp video card would be
inserted. You would want this kernel support if such were the case.

Video drivers, on the other hand, are part of the Xorg installation. This is
a third party software installed from the ports system. The "all the others"
you mention are probably the myriad of video card drivers installed along
with Xorg. For the most part, the bulk of this software is not kernel
related; the exception(s) being certain kernel modules such as dri and
nvidia. The "all the others" video drivers are not kernel related.

-Mike