Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:25:54 +0100
From:      Marcin Dalecki <mdcki@gmx.net>
To:        Daniel Flickinger <attila@hun.org>
Cc:        Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@theinternet.com.au>, David Holm <david@realityrift.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk 1.3.1_6 linux compilation.

Daniel Flickinger wrote:
>     I just brought up ooo-1.0.l without the java. I had
>     IBM's latest and greatest Linux-java, but it did not
>     want to recognize it so I left the box checked for no
>     java in setup.
>
>     Everything runs as advertised on openoffice --it looks
>     good. I tried a few files on it, etc. I have no use
>     for java. I tried to disable the address book function
>     but ended up leaving it tied to Mozilla.
>
>     FYR: CURRENT-5.0 dated 1200 GMT 25 Nov 2002 with /proc
>     ooo from package on projects.oopenoffice.org, less than
>     an hour from start to usable.

Yes thanks for the info. However I wen't the "source way", since I could copy
the basic huge source files over from my existing respositories on Linux.
This saved me quite a lot of badwidth...

Another question - why does the bootstrapping of java
do require gtk+ and glib? AWT is based on Motif. Argh... Linux
distro package dependency disease appears all over again here.
Somone writes some useless language wrapper for a lib or a
"plugin interface" for a scripting language used by maybe two people
of the world (very likely perl python or ruby preferable multiple
different releases of them) and I have to start to waste
kBytes on stuff I never had any use for...