Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:11:39 -0400
From:      Jim Brown <jpb@sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net>
To:        freebsd-doc <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About helping the doc project

* Alfonso Romero <ibac@prodigy.net.mx> [2003-04-27 17:00]:
> I´d like to know how can I help the doc project. I´ve seen some things that could get some more explanation in the freebsd handbook, how could I propose that?

Patches are the best way to help out.  To do this, you will need to read
the "FreeBSD Documentation Project for Primer for New Contributors" by Nik Clayton at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/book.html
to get started with actual document creation and markup.

Use the web interface to the "Current FreeBSD problem reports" at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?category=docs
to see if your problems have already been identified and/or fixed.

Finally, if you just  send email to this list (freebsd-docs@freebsd.org)
someone will (probably!) read it and check it out.

Thanks for your interest and support,

jpb
===