Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 01:06:21 +0000
From:      Alistair Sutton <alistair.sutton@ntlworld.com>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Dell Inspiron 8200 notebook

* Vincent Poy (vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET) wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Alistair Sutton wrote:
>
> > * Vincent Poy (vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET) wrote:
> > > Greetings:
> > >
> > > 	Is anyone running FreeBSD on a Dell Inspiron 8200 notebook?  I'm
> > > trying to figure out if there is a way to prevent the notebook from
> > > suspending when the lid is closed.  Thanks.
> >
> > On mine, there are a load of settings in the BIOS to do with what the
> > laptop does when it is on AC/Battery and you close the lid etc. It may
> > be worth messing around with those and seeing if it sorts the problem
> > out.
> >
> > I don't remember mine suspending when I close the lid but then again, I
> > have always been on the AC when I do so.
> >
> 	Actually, in the BIOS, I already have the close lid changed from
> suspend to I think active and it didn't make a difference.  When I closed
> the lid, it just suspends still.

Changing the options so that they are set to suspend appears to have
landed me with the same problem now. Despite changing them back so that
the screen should stay active, the laptop now suspends whenever I close
the lid.

I have a feeling this is going to take quite a few hours of fiddling to
get sorted (if it is even possible to sort it).

Al
--
I'm just Al
LJ : http://www.livejournal.com/users/everlone