Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:17:13 -0500
From:      "Stephen Nadas" <nadas@raleigh.ibm.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>, Ralf Meyer <ralf@thp.Uni-Duisburg.DE>
Subject:   Re: System freezes on reboot

I believe I had this problem w/770 on 2.2.8 with 96MB.  I had remove
a SIMM, then gen with

options		"MAXMEM=(97728)"

where 97728 is what the bios reports when system powers up to get this
to work.  do make install, halt, reinstall simm and all is well (no more
intermittant freezes) there are some related posts in the mobile archives
(look for thinkpad or 770 I forget which) I suspect some weirdness in
the IBM bios as 96*1024 != 97728

Regards,
Steve Nadas