Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:37:06 -0700
From:      "Jeremy Domingue" <jer@hughes.net>
To:        "Wes Peters" <wes@softweyr.com>
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

LOL, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that all clones were "pieces of crap", I
just wanted to get the point across that the hardware I am using _should_
work in Linux (or so they say, and hopefully in FreeBSD) and is relatively
well supported among most operating systems :). I've used and still use a
couple of clones that have not given me a single problem since I got them
:).

I do know that name brand doesn't mean quality, but when I have the money I
stick with names that I hear from other people perform well in most
conditions, like Intel, Adaptec, 3com, etc, etc. For instance, a few people
include yourself have already commented on the great performance of the
Intel netcards, so if i do install FreeBSD I'll probably end up buying one
of those.

I've bought Gateways since '92 (have 4 total now) and none of them have ever
given me any problems (hardware-wise), and Gateway has always stood behind
their stuff, so that's why I keep going back.

Thanks for the response, it is appreciated :).

Jeremy Domingue
jer@hughes.net