Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:50:30 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Jason J. W. Williams" <jasonjwwilliams@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS Test Suite

On 09/15/2010 22:14, Gary Palmer wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 08:47:22PM -0400, jhell wrote:
>> On 09/15/2010 13:40, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
>>> Does the FreeBSD ZFS port get tested against the ZFS test suite
>>> created by Sun? It's a fairly comprehensive suite and has delivered a
>>> very reliable set of ZFS beta code for a long time. Trying to gauge
>>> the stability and compatibility of the FreeBSD port. Thank you in
>>> advance.
>>>

>> Got a download link. Seems from this point on hub.opensolaris.org is down.
>
> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+zfs/zfstestsuite pointed
> me at http://dlc.sun.com/osol/test/downloads/current/
>
> The stcnv-zfs-src-20090909.tar.bz2 file was able to be downloaded from
> the 2nd link and produced a 4.1MB file with about 1565 entries in it
> according to tar -ztf.  Note that I don't run ZFS here so I can't try the
> test suite.

Thank you Gary. I am having a slight look at it right now. Looks to be
really ksh(1) scripted so if I remember right they use ye-ole form of
pdksh for their base utilities to run as. If time permits I may fall
back here with an answer of what, if & when, where, why, can... be done
with it.

Thanks again Gary & Jason this was helpful.

Regards,

--

 jhell,v