Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:29:28 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.2-PRERELEASE/amd64 boot kernel.gz failes

Danny Braniss wrote:
> originally posted to amd64@freebsd.org:
>
> Hi,
> 	While trying to figure out why boot/pxeboot failes on some
> kernels/hosts, I think i've come up with one solid nogo,
> if the kernel is gzipped it always fails.
> 	Can someone confirm this? or am i suffering from some
> local problem?

I believe I've seen this before when booting i386 kernels from soekris
boards.  I've taken to using pxeboot to load netboot and then use
netboot to load a kernel as the netboot drivers are way faster (for
soekris at least).  Hopping through netboot also lets you have a menu to
select one of several kernels to load.

	Sam