Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:59:08 +0100
From:      "stepahne B" <isom@nerim.net>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   no installation possible on sony qr10

Hello,
today, i wrote a little message about my difficulties to install freebsd on
my
mobile sony vaio qr10...I ve forgoten to say that i can insatll linux
mandrake and red hat without problem (sorry for linux but i love freebsd so
much)...i think it's not an unix problem but may be a bios problem...
i need help to resolve that...my knowledge about that is very poor....

thanks stephane bourquin

my last message was :
"I got a VAIO qr10 on which I would like to install FreeBSD. The
machine comes without a floppy drive and I can only boot from the
CDROM. When booting the 4.4-install CD the machine hard locks just
after "ppc0: parallel port not found"
I tried to disable all devices in the user config to no avail. When
booting with the -v option the last messages are
  bios geometries
  isa_probe_children: probing PnP devices
  0:03fefe3f 0..1022=1023 cylinders, 0..254=255 heads, 1..63=63 sectors
  0 accounted for
  Device configuration finished.
  device combination doesnt support shared irq0
  intr_connect(irq0) failed, result=-1
  bpf: lo0 attached
  bpf: sl0 attached

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you could offer"

thanks a lot