Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:12:25 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: double fault with vinum and 4.5 RC3

On Thursday, 24 January 2002 at 19:14:10 +0100, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> I've solved my issues differently. But unfortunatly I'm not able to
> recover from a simulated disk-crash. Here is what I made:

Hmm.  That's about half the information I need.  Take a look at
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html .  You should be in a
position to debug the crash better yourself.

> # vinum start
> Warning: defective objects
>
> D vinumdrive0           State: referenced       Device  Avail: 0/0 MB
> D vinumdrive2           State: referenced       Device  Avail: 0/0 MB
> D vinumdrive4           State: referenced       Device  Avail: 0/0 MB
> P var.p0              C State: faulty   Subdisks:     1 Size:       1023
> P docsis.p0           C State: faulty   Subdisks:     1 Size:       6143
> P docsisvar.p0        C State: faulty   Subdisks:     1 Size:         22
> S var.p0.s0             State: stale    PO:        0  B Size:       1023
> S docsis.p0.s0          State: stale    PO:        0  B Size:       6143
> S docsisvar.p0.s0       State: stale    PO:        0  B Size:         22
>
> where is p1 ???

Looks like it's up.  These are only the defective objects.  But
obviously it hasn't found three of your spindles.

> Then I tried to do:
>
> # echo "drive evar device /dev/da1e" >> configfile
> # echo "drive edocsis device /dev/da1f" >> configfile
> # echo "drive edocsisvar device /dev/da1g" >> configfile

Why do you have three drives on the same spindle?

> # vinum create configfile
>
> And boom I got a double fault.
>
> Strange thing is that I can vinum start, see the error messages,
> and then can mount all this "mirrors" fine, but indead they are
> not mirrors. It's just this disk which I can see.

vinum list?

Greg