Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:44:14 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Urgent please read...

On Mar 03, 1998 at 07:48:38PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > Well for 19cents a day, you can help one of our starving coders, imagine
> > that, just 19cents a day, barely the price of a hot cappichino with almond
> > flavoring, and that little sprinkle of cinnamon... (we all like cinnamon
> > right?)
>
>   Argh. All those things Americans throw in their coffee... We tend to think
>   most additions should 've been listed in the Geneva Convention on Chemical
>   Warfare.

Hey, not all Americans.  I like my coffee black.  B L A C K.  No sugar,
no cream, no cinnamon, and definitely no flavored coffee.

Speaking of which, when I was Amsterdam a few years ago, I ordered coffee
with dinner in one of the restaurants.  The waiter looked at me like I
was an alien - "You mean _after_ dinner."  "No, I mean _with_ dinner."
They brought me this little cup of espresso to go with my steak (which was
perfectly fine with me, BTW), but still looked at me as if I was a weirdo.

Heh.  I guess I just perpetuated the "weird American" stereotype.
--
Jonathan   (who still insists on getting Peet's coffee via mailorder)