Date:      22 Oct 2002 10:45:22 +1000
From:      Andrew Thomson <ajthomson@optushome.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nat + ipfw + adsl

I'm out of my house and into a flat now.. so I don't have access to
cable anymore.. bit of a dud.. I'm onto the next best thing being adsl.

I read one doco about what I want to do but thought I'd just throw it
out here as well..

Basically I've already got a nice little firewall running the cable
modem, with a nice tight little rule set.

I've got PPPoE running fine under BSD now with my new ADSL provider
however am curious if I can just plug in my current firewall and
s/fxp0/tun0/g in appropriate places.. namely for nat and the ipfw
rules..

I've grown quite accustomed to using ipfw and natd and would prefer to
use it over ppp -nat and it's filtering rules..

No worries?

Cheers,

ajt.