Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 2020 11:35:42 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
To:        Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Office Hours: April 1, 2020 18:00 UTC

This message is in MIME format and has been PGP signed.

--=_rh9uN6CSY5gtadIrT-jUoOV

Quoting Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org> (from Thu, 2 Apr 2020=20=20
20:21:02=20-0400):

> And, special thanks to Tom Jones for co-hosting with me, and for taking
> much better notes than I did, inline below:

> - question: it's kind of hard to have people start contributing to
> FreeBSD,  either for ports, src or doc. I was wondering if there will be
> a possibility to have some kind of official "mentorship program"? where
> people can set their skill and interest and committers can have them
> under mentorship?

An easy first step would be if we make a little list of people=20=20
(together=20with a list of languages each one speaks) somewhere (in the=20=
=20
wiki?),=20which are willing to help people get up to speed. Some of the=20=
=20
stuff=20is probably easy to answer, may even be something to be asked on=20=
=20
the=20lists but people being either shy of asking those question in a=20=20
public=20area or fearing the language barrier.

Basically this is an extension to the FreeBSD office hours idea in the=20=
=20
personal=20instead of town-hall direction (and no matter which kind of=20=
=20
communication=20medium)...

Some questions which come up often can then be answered in the wiki=20=20
too=20(in multiple languages) and then we can integrate them into the=20=20
handbook=20(I think this was the direction the idea of Deb was going,=20=20
have=20some topics on the website to click on and get the info).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
http://www.Leidinger.net=20Alexander@Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF