Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk (Dominic Mitchell)
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/16065: small note about HP printers.

The following reply was made to PR docs/16065; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk (Dominic Mitchell)
To: Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, nik@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:38:12 +0000

 On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 05:32:29PM +0100, Alexander Langer wrote:
 > Thus spake Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk (Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk):
 >
 > > -	  printer-network interface.</para>
 > > +	  printer-network interface.  Note that if you are using a
 > > +	  Hewlett Packard Laserjet, then the printer name
 > > +	  <literal>text</literal> will automatically perform the LF to
 > > +	  CRLF conversion for you, so you will no longer require the
 > > +	  hpif script above.</para>
 >
 > Hmm. I have a HP Laserjet 4, and I need this script.
 >
 > I've tried it without it, and - huuu - it was just LF without CR.
 > What a sudden.
 >
 > so this patch is a little wrong or such?

 Interesting.  I found this on HP's web site a while back and it works on
 all the printers at our site.

 I can't seem to find it now, I'll try again later...
 --
 Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator

 "Emacs outshines all other editing software in approximately the same way
  that the noonday sun does the stars.  It is not just bigger and brighter;
  it simply makes everything else vanish."  --  Neal Stephenson

 This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
 The email has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

 www.palmerharvey.co.uk