Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:03:37 +0000
From:      Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com>
To:        "Justin Robertson" <justin@sk1llz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: 6.x, 4.x ipfw/dummynet pf/altq - network performance issues

On 06/02/07, Justin Robertson <justin@sk1llz.net> wrote:

> I've actually already done everything you've suggested with little or no
> impact at all. One point where we have different results is with
> ADAPTIVE_GIANT, I actually noticed a drop of about 50kpps thruput when
> disabling it.

Hmm I am surprised not more attention has been brought by your
observations, I have noticed myself freebsd 4.x holds up much better
during ddos then 5.x and 6.x probably due its better robustness and
lighter code.

I do hope but will probably be dissapointed stability and robustness
is on the todo list for the devs in aiming to get 6.x to where 4.x
was.

Chris