Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:22:44 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@HiWAAY.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://freebsd.org - RIP

Brian Somers wrote:

> [.....]
> > This brings up another point, whether diffs should be context or
> > unified.  I personally prefer unified diffs but don't want to start
> > any flame wars.  The place that documents how to store the diffs/
> > portballs in a PR should also specify (with zero exceptions) diffs
> > in one format or the other.  IMHO, of course.
>
> Does it matter ?  Surely, as long as you can "patch <file", file can
> be in any format.....

Yes it can be in any format.  I happen to prefer unified diffs
because they are easier for me to fix tab->space expansions among
other things.  My personal preference only.

> Am I missing something ?

No, I just thought since we are going to change the wording
to submit diffs via send-pr instead of -hackers that if enough
people seemed to prefer uni-diffs over context-diffs that we
should all also change that.

We (I) will accept diffs in any format.  I will do my best to
get them all submitted.  Human nature dictates that I take the
easiest first and public opinion of FreeBSD makes me take the
hottest first no matter what form/shape they arrive in.

Steve