Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:55:55 +0300 (EEST)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID HW

> Hello there,
>
> please, what RAID controller for ATA HDDs should I use in my new
> fileserver.
>
> I'd like to use RAID 5, if possible.

Hi,

I have been using a Promise Fasttrak TX2 for my RAID1 filesystem. It works
like a charm under FreeBSD and is "officially supported". But if you need
RAID5 then I recommend FastTrak TX2000 which is also officially supported
by 4.8. It also supports hot swappable hard drives.

Fasttraks are also quite inexpensive. I can't say what is the difference
between Fasttraks and more expensive onces but I am happy with my
Fasttrak.

--
Johan Paul