Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:59:17 GMT
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        garyj@muc.de, mwe@consol.de
Subject:   Delayed network mounts from pccard prevent amd & timed

amd & timed (& maybe others too ?) do not start properly from rc.network
if network availability is delayed resulting from delayed config of
ep0 ethernet pcmcia via pccard, (on a 3.2 Release laptop).
 ( BTW I have no Amd fail problems on my 3.2 towers with ISA & PCI ether cards,
 or on 3.2 laptops linked via plip & slip, only with the delayed pcmcia ether.)

A reworking of the startup shells may be needed, a discussion of the
startup interactions would involve non laptop users too.

Meantime, personaly, I'll try for an earlier config of my pcmcia (not via the
pccard.conf method), that'll solve it for me for now, but the general problem
remains I think ?

Julian H. Stacey			http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/