Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 1995 11:08:50 +0300
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@cs.hut.fi>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.x may not run on Cyrix 486DL

   Unless someone can overcorrect me, I'd ask that this be read as "some"
   Cyrix chips; certainly their DX40 and DX2/66 parts _appear_ to behave
   appropriately.

On some motherboards, yes.  We had cheap taiwanese motherboards (microstar)
which didn't work with Cyrix parts, even though they seem reliable with
other cpus.  The symptoms were lockups, several times a day.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@cs.hut.fi  home +358-0-8031121 work -4513377 fax -4555276  riippu SN