Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:22:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com>
To:        nclayton@lehman.com (Nik Clayton)
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO Z505SX and 3.2 or -current

> This
>
>     http://www.mnsinc.com/js/Neomagic.html
>
> implies that Linux works OK, so I don't expect problems.  I'd just be more
> comfortable with a confirmed report.

I don't know if it's the same neomagic chipset, but X 3.3.3 is working
fine on the neomagic chipset that comes with a Dell Inspiron 3500.

I've gotten it to do 1024x768 at 24-bit (IIRC).  Looks great.  One of
the commercial X vendors notes that the XSVGA serer in 3.3.3 wastes
about 75% of the performance of the video hardware on neomagic chips.
So don't plan on playing DVD's on a stock FreeBSD 3.2 config.  :-)

Accelerated servers are supposed to be available for FreeBSD.

Z.