Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:12:48 +0200
From:      Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.com>
To:        Matt Schwartz <mes5048@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sudo

Matt Schwartz wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> I have noticed that since upgrading to FreeBSD 6 STABLE that sudo is
> behaving funny.  For example, sudo seems to be remembering passwords.  So,
> sudo seems not to be obeying its 5 minute password timeout.  Has anyone else
> experienced this?  Even after logging off and back on again, I can use sudo
> without it prompting me for a password.  I know I am preaching to the choir
> when I say this is dangerous.  How can I remedy the behavior?  I have even
> placed the following line in my sudoers file and it had no effect:
>

> meschwartz       ALL=(ALL) PASSWD: ALL
>

> Some insight would be helpful.  If this is the wrong list, I apologize in
> advance.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Matt

AFAIK it has always been that sudo still works if you log out and back
in. But I never experienced that sudo doesn't obey the five minute
timeout on passwords, and I'm running 6-STABLE on 3 machines.

I just have this in my sudoers file, which doesn't give me any problems.

%wheel        ALL=(ALL)       ALL

Jorn