Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:26:58 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Python on FreeBSD -- problems?

On 2002-04-22 16:42, Andrew Gould wrote:
> The code is attached in the text file thcic.py.  The
> traceback mentions a memory error at line 37.

My guess is you're running out of memory or hitting some memory
allocation limit because datasource.readlines() tries to fetch all the
data from the datasource and store it in memory near line 37.

    34	#Read each line of the data source and insert the fields and tab delimiters
    35	#into the outfile.
    36
    37	for recordn in datasource.readlines():
   146	datasource.close()
   147	newfile.close()

You're probably hitting the user limits imposed by FreeBSD on you,
even though the system still has free memory.  Try rewriting this loop
to read one line at a time, and see if it solves the problem.

- Giorgos