Date:      Fri, 13 May 2011 16:44:22 +0200
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpiconf shows 100%, but laptop switches off

On 01/05/2011 00:00, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 01:16:41AM +0200, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
>>> Design capacity:        1 mAh
>>> Last full capacity:     1 mAh
>>
>> Those are obviously bogus values. Your battery quite likely is actually
>> dead and provides 20 minutes of run-time only. But since its capacity is
>> not being reported properly via ACPI for some reason, FreeBSD has no way
>> of knowing that.
>>
>> - Bartosz
>
> Thanks. I wonder whether ACPI is working correctly
> at all. What other things can I check?
>
> Many thanks
> Anton

HP notebooks usually have good ACPI battery related information. I have
one HP Probook and there is no problem at all. I think FreeBSD can't do
anything and the problem is only from the battery I think :-(

Battery are not really cheap so I bought a new one from honk-kong (not
HP genuine but works well)

Cheers.

--
David Demelier